Baby Senya ARRIVED! She was 7 lbs. 4 oz. and they measured her to be 18 1/2 inches but 5 days later at the doctor she was measured in at 20 inches. I can just say that a c-section the second time around includes a 90% better recovery. I am doing great. I was still so nervous, but Senya was born about 15 minutes into the surgery. They actually pulled down the divider this time so we could see her when she came out. She has some good lungs on her! Scotty took her to get bathed and find out her stats while the doctors continued to stitch me up. One funny thing happened while they were finishing, I heard my doctor shout out something to the extent of "watch out"! He told me later that when they broke my water, I must have also had a contraction at the same time because the water shot out like a geyser and sprayed him!!! Haha that was my pay back for surgery! I have been able to recover quickly, and I returned from the hospital on Wed. We are thrilled to have a healthy, sweet baby in our home again. Zuri is doing pretty well adjusting and we are just trying to spend as much time that we can playing with both of them. Destiny has been a great help, and she loves holding her new niece! The week before we went into the hospital, Zuri was pretty cute. I was trying to prep her on all that was going to take place the next week, and I told her that her baby sisters birthday would be on Sunday. Zuri's response was so cute, "Are you going to make her birthday cupcakes?" I had to laugh and say, "of, course" So Z and I had fun making cupcakes to celebrate Senya's arrival. I love the logic of 3 year olds!
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
EXCITING NEWS!
Baby Senya ARRIVED! She was 7 lbs. 4 oz. and they measured her to be 18 1/2 inches but 5 days later at the doctor she was measured in at 20 inches. I can just say that a c-section the second time around includes a 90% better recovery. I am doing great. I was still so nervous, but Senya was born about 15 minutes into the surgery. They actually pulled down the divider this time so we could see her when she came out. She has some good lungs on her! Scotty took her to get bathed and find out her stats while the doctors continued to stitch me up. One funny thing happened while they were finishing, I heard my doctor shout out something to the extent of "watch out"! He told me later that when they broke my water, I must have also had a contraction at the same time because the water shot out like a geyser and sprayed him!!! Haha that was my pay back for surgery! I have been able to recover quickly, and I returned from the hospital on Wed. We are thrilled to have a healthy, sweet baby in our home again. Zuri is doing pretty well adjusting and we are just trying to spend as much time that we can playing with both of them. Destiny has been a great help, and she loves holding her new niece! The week before we went into the hospital, Zuri was pretty cute. I was trying to prep her on all that was going to take place the next week, and I told her that her baby sisters birthday would be on Sunday. Zuri's response was so cute, "Are you going to make her birthday cupcakes?" I had to laugh and say, "of, course" So Z and I had fun making cupcakes to celebrate Senya's arrival. I love the logic of 3 year olds!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay! Congratulations! She's beautiful!
Wow! Congrats on you new little girl. You're right, those pictures of Senya and Zuri are almost identical!
Post a Comment