Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My beautiful mother


I just wanted to share a few thoughts today becuase I have time right now and I don't know how busy I will be tomorrow. Tomorrow my mom will have been gone for a year. I have tears streaming down my face as I remember my last precious moments with her. I arrived home on Memorial Day, May 28th at 2:00 am. My dad and Destiny picked me up from the airport and took me home. As we walked in the door I could see my mother's face brighten. She was sitting in her recliner and greeted me brightly. She slept in the recliner because it hurt too much to lay on her back in bed. I decided to sleep on the sofa by her for the night. I was so glad to be with her. She looked so fragile, but so bright because she was so strong. She woke me up during the night because she was panicked that she had forgot something. It was nice to be able to calm her for once to somewhat repay her for all the times that she comforted me. In the morning she was up for a short time and then she slept for the day. We had many many visitors who came to say goodbye. She was a thougtful, kind friend to all that knew her. As I sat by her throught the day, I wondered if she would wake to say goodbye. She did. How could I think that she wouldn't. She woke for about a ten minute period around 10 pm. Destiny was inspired to have us sing hymns to her and we said with her our last famly prayer. I just sat by her after that and I held her hand as she passed away not more than 30 minutes later. I miss her. I can't recall a day this past year that I did not think of her. Whether it was when I was getting a salad at the salad bar and I rememberd the ingredients that she always liked to include, or if I was looking through pictures, singing one of her favorite hymns, laughing at past memories, or visiting the temple. I am grateful for who she helped me become. She always encouraged and supported me in all of my ambitions and crazy projects. I won't forget the many nights she would read to us before bed, or when she would laugh with us while playing games. I am grateful for the mother that God gave to me to raise me on this earth. I can't wait to see her again. There is a beautiful song that reminds me of my mother. Please visit the following link to hear "An Angel to Watch Over Me" it is the first song on the list of music http://defordmusic.com/soloduet.htm

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I can't believe it's been a year. Thanks for sharing your feelings. You are such an amazing person. I hope you're feeling some comfort right now. Love ya!