Sunday, September 12, 2010

Payson Grotto






Since Zuri was sick when Jeff and Cheralyn were in town this past July we missed hiking the Payson Grotto with them so we thought we would check it out over Labor Day weekend! Well...we should have called Jeff for directions!! As you can see in the pictures, I was the one packing Zuri on my back and Scott decided to take us on a wild goose chase which included me hiking up a VERY steep mountain bike trail! Needless to say my body needs the workout, and I was able to build up an appetite for our delicious picnic! After we descended the intense trail we found the Grotto trail around the next corner! It was fortunately short and Zuri enjoyed playing in the freezing cold water at the end! Even though we encountered some challenges through the day, it was a fabulous way to spend the day in the great outdoors and maybe I shed a few pounds along the way!

1 comment:

Cheralyn said...

Oh how funny! Sorry you got lost! Isn't it so pretty up there? I just wish it was a little bigger - more roomy. Glad you ended up making it!