Sunday, July 25, 2010
Happy Father's Day BBQ
It was a day before Father's day and we had bought some Hamburgers to grill, but no grill to put them on. This could be a little dilemma. So we went to Sears and found the cheapest BBQ we could find and brought it home. But you still need propane before you can grill. A full propane tank costs $48. If you have a tank to exchange, then it only costs $18. That means an empty tank is worth about $30. So I went onto the local classifieds (KSL) and started looking for some propane tanks people wanted to get rid of. I found an old posting with not many views (because they didn't spell anything right). They wanted to sell their 5 year old BBQ including propane tank for $50. I went to check it out with the interest of only getting the tank for perhaps a good deal. When I looked at it, the grill was in good condition and the propane tank was practically full. It fired right up! The lady had it for a while and just wanted to get rid of it. She accepted my offer for $20 and I took it home, cleaned it up, and returned the Sears BBQ. We had an awesome Father's day and some very tasty burgers! Here are some before and after pictures.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment